GMC has announced one major change to the 2024 Sierra 1500 portfolio, the AT4X off-road truck now coming standard with the 305-horsepower turbocharged 3.0-litre inline-six Duramax diesel. The 310-horsepower turbocharged 2.7-litre inline-four engine is now known as the TurboMax, and there are two new wheel choices and new colours, including Downpour metallic and Thunderstorm Grey. If you want to know more about it, contact Salem Chevrolet daler and get comprehensive guidance.
2024 GMC Sierra 1500 Buying Guide:
The Pro, SLE, Elevation, SLT, AT4, AT4X, Denali, and Denali Ultimate are the 2024 GMC Sierra 1500’s available trim levels. To further the AT4X trim, GM and American Expedition Vehicles joined to create the AT4X AEV Edition. The Sierra 1500 has various starting pricing, from $38,345 for the bare bones SLE to $83,495 for the fully loaded Denali Ultimate.
Engine Choices for the 2024 GMC Sierra 1500:
Regarding the engine, the Sierra 1500 gets a few updates. The AT4X grade does away with the massive V8 in favour of the turbocharged diesel engine standard on the Denali Ultimate and is available on the SLE for $2,390 and higher.
- Other changes include a longer warranty (5 years/100,000 miles) and a new designation (TurboMax) for the four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine. In the Pro, SLE, and Elevation models, the TurboMax comes as standard equipment.
- The 5.3-litre V8 comes standard on the SLT and Denali models, with the larger V8 and diesel engine available for an additional $3,000 and $1,500, respectively.
- The 6.2-liter V8 costs an extra $3,000. It comes standard with 4WD. The AT4 and AT4X versions benefit most from the low range, which is ideal for autonomous driving in urban areas.
- The AT4X has electronic locking rear and front differentials (among many other off-road focused improvements) to reflect its off-road orientation.
The 2024 GMC Sierra 1500’s Reliability in Terms of Safety:
Automatic emergency braking, a following-distance indicator, lane-keeping assist, and automatic high beams are all standard on the Sierra.
Available on the Pro trim, the Safety Plus Package combines blind-spot detection with rear cross-traffic alert and rear park assist. At the same time, the SLE’s version of the package costs $920 and includes:
- A high-definition surround view.
- Parking sensors on both the front and back.
- Trailer-covering adaptive blind-spot detection.
- Perimeter lights.
The SLE has Trailer Camera options for individuals who want to keep an eye on things from the comfort of their homes while away from home.
Capabilities of the 2024 GMC Sierra 1500:
Starting at around $40,000, the Sierra soon increases in price. We give this series an eight because of the many available configurations, the high quality of the infotainment system, and the presence of cutting-edge features like Super Cruise.
You can set aside $40,000 initially, but there will be little room for growth or further features. That sum will get you the most basic Pro model with an eight-inch display and some power options but only a little else. For $50,000, you can get into a crew cab variant with four-wheel drive, and that’s before you start digging into GMC’s many customization possibilities. The Salem Chevrolet dealership is the place to go if you want to take a test drive.
Read the discussion above to determine if the 2024 GMC Sierra 1500 is a good investment. The Sierra Elevation, which sits in the middle regarding price and features, offers a good compromise. Costing around $60,000, a 4×4 crew cab model with a bigger touchscreen infotainment system, heated seats, a power-adjustable driver’s seat, a power-sliding rear window, and other luxuries may be yours when you add on four-wheel drive and a larger bed.